What Is A Portable Concrete Batch Plant?
A portable concrete batch plant, also known as a mobile concrete batch plant due to its ability to be moved from one place to another, is equipment that produces concrete when raw material is fed into it. The plant integrates various processes such as material storage, weighing, conveying, mixing, unloading, and automatic control system of the concrete mixing station into a convenient trailer unit.
A portable concrete batch plant is such that it can perform all the functions that a fixed full-automatic mixing station can perform such as processes, operation modes, and maintenance.
In addition, its characteristics such as easy mobility, quick and simple disassembly and assembly, simple storage and management, make it a suitable choice for many types of projects. It is an excellent model suitable for use in the construction of highways, railways, bridges, ports, hydropower plants, and other projects.
Models Of Portable Cement Batch Plant
Portable concrete mixing station equipment generally comes in small and medium-sized mixing stations. The main portable models are YHZS25, YHZS35, YHZ50, YHZ 60, and YHZ75.
- YHZS25 Model
The YHZS25 model is a mixing plant with a production capacity of 25 cubic meters per hour (25 m3/ h). The main machine used in the YHZS25 batch plant is a forced mixer with double horizontal shafts.
- HZD25 Model
The HZD25 model also has a production capacity of 25 cubic meters per hour (25m3/h); however, the difference is that a single horizontal shaft is used in the main engine.
Types Of Portable Concrete Plants
Portable concrete batch plants are determined by the mixing machine and the type of dragging used in its design.
1.The main mixing machine used:
Mobile mixing equipment comes with two types of mixing machines.
- Mobile forced bath concrete mixing plant
- Mobile continuous drum concrete mixing plant
2.The type of dragging used:
The two types of dragging in mobile mixing stations are traction type and trailer type.
- Traction type: The traction chassis contains the complete front and rear axles.
- Trailer type: The trailer chassis has only the rear axle and the front end is placed on the saddle axle of the towing vehicle.
Related: Dry Concrete Batching Plant
What Is The Cost Of A Portable Or Mobile Concrete Batch Plant?
The cost of a mobile mixing station may vary even if it may be the same type of mixing station based on customer needs and requirements. Because of the variations, only a price range may be issued. The actual cost of the mixing plant can be calculated only after obtaining the customer’s requirements and specifications.
The price of mobile concrete plants ranges from $18,000 to $60,000. Various manufacturers come up with sales promotions of their equipment to promote certain types of mixing stations, improve product visibility, and for brand awareness and brand-building activities.
Sales promotion of portable plants has a high price-quality ratio, as there are more chances of sale of equipment. It is also cost-effective for customers as they can purchase the machinery at a discounted price.
What Is A Small Or Mini Portable Concrete Batch Plant?
The small or mini portable concrete batch plant is a small-scale batching plant that occupies a smaller area and is priced lower compared to the other types of concrete batching plants. The small concrete batching plants are a modern type of concrete batching plant, which can produce concrete mixtures.
The small batching plant comes with integrated material batching, weighing, conveying, JS mixer, unloading, and automatic control device of the concrete mixing station. The produce is then dragged on a truck.
The small-scale concrete mixing plant can be configured by the end-user to meet their customer-specific needs, with complete types and excellent structure. They are cost-saving, simple to control, and has a wide range of application.
They are particularly suitable when the area of your construction project is small as it covers a smaller area. It can be installed comfortably in small spaces and works just like any other concrete batching plant.
Related: Wet Concrete Batching Plant
Advantages Of The Mini Portable Concrete Plants:
1.Wide Range Of Application
Concrete mixing stations have a wide range of applications but the small concrete mixing plants has a wider range of applications due to its small size. Many commercial concrete mixing stations are also equipped with a set of small concrete mixing stations to produce various other types of concrete at the same time.
2.Low Configuration And Simple Operation
Because most of the concrete produced by small concrete mixing stations is consumed by users themselves, they do not need a high configuration. The number of equipment such as cement silos, batching machine silos, admixture tanks, and so on is relatively small. This ultimately saves cost as they are relatively simple to operate.
3.Good Mixing Performance
The main machine of the small concrete mixing equipment is equipped with a JS series double horizontal shaft forced mixing station. This enables high mixing uniformity and high productivity and can complete good mixing in ideal time for dry, semi-dry, plastic, and various other proportions of concrete.
The number of equipment required for small mixing machine is less than that of commercial concrete mixing machine. In addition, the area occupied by small mixing stations is much smaller than that of commercial concrete mixing stations.
This makes it convenient for handling on the construction site and you can choose a suitable location for placement of the equipment.
What Is The Prospect Of The Portable Concrete Batch Plant For Rent?
There are many limitations in construction projects such as site conditions, stringent project deadlines, and the particularity required in remote construction projects.
Portable concrete batch plants have an advantage as they can provide concrete locally, ensure good quality concrete, and be cost-efficient. Therefore, they are gradually gaining favor from a large number of construction companies.
A portable concrete batching and mixing plant has two modes of operation:
- Productive operation for engineering
- Rent operation
A portable concrete batch plant has a good scope for rental operations due to its obvious advantage of portability, convenient disassembly and assembly, and quick setup from one project to another.
They are also suitable for construction business entities with low capital budgets who do not want to invest in a batch plant. Small contractors also can benefit by renting a portable mixing plant so that their construction operations are smooth, fast, and cost-efficient.
Related: Stationary Concrete Batching Plant
Advantages Of Renting A Concrete Batch Mixer
- It is beneficial in being economical and reducing construction cost
- It is helpful in the control of the concrete process and thus ensures the quality of the project
- Contracting businesses are immensely benefited and they can be engaged in construction operations smoothly
- Mobile concrete mixing station leasing operation is good for the ecosystem of local service providers for construction projects, which is welcomed by the construction project department
- The rental operation has multiple options for equipment configuration as they can be applied to meet different engineering requirements
What Are The Main Components Of The Portable Concrete Batch Plant?
Concrete production equipment is what we often call concrete mixing station equipment. The concrete production line uses different equipment according to the different needs of end-users; however, the main equipment is the same.
There are five main components of the portable concrete batch plant – main mixing machines, material weighing systems, material conveying systems, material storage systems, and control systems.
They are equipped with a JS double horizontal shaft forced concrete mixer, which is the mainstream mixer, used in mixing stations at home and abroad. The forced mixing plant has more uniform mixing and higher efficiency. It can mix a variety of concretes, such as – fluid, semi-dry, and dry concrete.
2.Material Weighing System
The material weighing system is the key component that affects the quality of concrete produced and the cost of concrete production. The weighing system helps produce different concrete specifications.
It is mainly divided into three parts:
- Aggregate weighing
- Powder weighing
- Liquid weighing
3.Material conveying system
Material handling consists of three parts:
1.Aggregate conveying: At present, there are two modes of conveying aggregate in the mixing station – hopper conveying and belt conveying.
- Hopper lifting has the advantages of utilizing a smaller floor area and having a simple structure
- Belt conveying has the advantages of long conveying distance, high efficiency, and low failure rate
2.Conveying of powder materials: The main powder materials required in the production of concrete are – cement, fly ash, and mineral powder.
At present, the commonly used powder-conveying modes are
- Screw conveyor conveying
- Pneumatic conveying
- Scraper conveying – used in large mixing plants
The advantages of screw conveying are its simple structure, low cost, and reliable use.
3.Liquid transportation: They mainly refer to water and liquid admixtures, which are transported by water pumps respectively.
4.Material Storage System
Generally, the storage methods of materials available for concrete mixing are the same.
- Aggregates are generally stacked in the open air (although there are enclosed silos for large commercial concrete mixing stations in cities)
- Powder materials are stored in fully enclosed steel structure cement silos
- Admixtures are stored in steel structure containers
The control system of the mixing station is the central nervous system of the whole set of equipment. The control system has different functions and comes in different configurations according to user requirements and the size of the mixing station.
Generally, the control system of the small mixing station that is available on the construction site is simpler, while the control system of the large mixing station is relatively more complex due to its size.
6.Main Machine Chassis
The portable concrete batch plant comes with a cantilever-shaped mixing main machine chassis, which contains towing pins and parking legs for towing trucks. The chassis is equipped with measuring scales for mixers, cement, and water admixtures. The surrounding is equipped with walkways, railings, etc.
Related: Mini Concrete Batching Plant
How Is The Portable Concrete Batch Plant Transported To The Site?
There are two main types of portable concrete batch plant – traction type and trailer type. The chassis of the traction type contains complete front and rear axles while the trailer chassis has only the rear axle, and the front end is placed on the saddle axle of the tractor.
The biggest advantage of the mobile portable concrete batch plant is that it can be moved as a complete unit.
How Does A Portable Concrete Batch Plant Work?
The Luton concrete batching system mainly consists of five systems – batching system, weighing system, conveying system, mixing machine, and control system. Its working is as under:
- Aggregate (gravel or sand) is loaded into the storage silo by a loader machine, and the aggregate is discharged into the weighing hopper.
- After weighing, the aggregate is conveyed to the hopper through the conveyor belt. The aggregate is then transported to the waiting hopper on the mixer by the belt conveyor.
- Meanwhile, cement and fly ash is transported into the respective weighing hoppers by screw conveyor; water and additives are transported into respective weighing hoppers by their respective pipelines.
- After weighing, all these materials are fed into the mixer by the control system.
- After mixing, the unloading door is opened and the concrete is unloaded into the truck tanker.
How To Know The Quality Of A Truck-mounted Concrete Batching Plant?
Concrete mixing stations are a part of construction machinery and equipment. If you are a new user, how will you know the quality of the concrete batching system? Here we will explain a few checks that you can perform to judge the quality of a concrete mixing station.
- Check the sensitivity and accuracy of the metering system if it is in a timely manner
- Check the lifting temperature of the reducer if it reaches the degree specified in the qualification book
- Check if the metering and feeding is smooth, and there is no material accumulation and overflow
- Check if the safety valve is free of air leakage
- Check whether the transmission system operates flexibly without abnormal sound
- Check if belt conveyors and hopper hoists are stable in transmission, flexible in operation, reliable in braking, free of noise and chain jamming
Are You Looking For The Right Portable Concrete Batch Plants For Sale in China, Luton Group?
The Luton Group is a leading manufacturer of portable concrete batch plant. Our mobile concrete mixing plant can be customized according to the customer’s specifications. All you need to do is tell us your requirements, and we will provide the best model, equipment, and configuration to choose from.
Our professional engineers and the after-sales team will provide all-round support to customers.
If you would like to know anything about our company products, do not hesitate to contact us. We are here at your service and would love to hear from you.
- What Is A Portable Concrete Batch Plant?
- Models Of Portable Cement Batch Plant
- Types Of Portable Concrete Plants
- What Is The Cost Of A Portable Or Mobile Concrete Batch Plant?
- What Is A Small Or Mini Portable Concrete Batch Plant?
- Advantages Of The Mini Portable Concrete Plants:
- What Is The Prospect Of The Portable Concrete Batch Plant For Rent?
- Advantages Of Renting A Concrete Batch Mixer
- What Are The Main Components Of The Portable Concrete Batch Plant?
- How Is The Portable Concrete Batch Plant Transported To The Site?
- How Does A Portable Concrete Batch Plant Work?
- How To Know The Quality Of A Truck-mounted Concrete Batching Plant?
- Are You Looking For The Right Portable Concrete Batch Plants For Sale in China, Luton Group?
- Contact Us