What Is A Cement Batching Plant?
A cement batching plant here refers to a concrete batching plant. They are also known by other names such as concrete batching machines, concrete mixing stations, concrete mixing plants, ready-mix concrete batching plants, precast concrete batching plants, and so on.
What Is The Purpose Of The Cement Batching Plant?
The purpose of a cement batching plant is to produce homogenous concrete for various construction fields.
A cement batching plant combines batching raw materials evenly, like coarse or fine stones, sand, cement, water, and additives to produce ready-mix concrete according to the need.
The ready-mix concrete that is produced will be used in skyscrapers, buildings, houses, roads, bridges, etc.
A cement batch plant is a combined system, which integrates various components such as – batching, weighing, mixing, conveying, controlling, storing, and transporting functions in a site. The ready-mix concrete plant helps to produce every accurate recipe for concrete products to meet various specific construction applications.
Related: Stationary Concrete Batching Plant
Cement Batching Plant for Sale
Depending on various factors such as – the type of the plant, production capacities, additional features, and so on, the cement batching plant’s price ranges from $5,000 to $500,000.
One of the primary factors affecting the price of the mixing plant is – whether it is a stationary concrete batching plant or mobile concrete batching plant. While making a cost calculation, it is necessary to include other costs other than the equipment such as – freight cost, insurance and installation cost, water and electricity cost, labor cost, maintenance cost, and so on.
What Affects The Cement Batching Plant Price?
1. The type of concrete plants affects the price
In general, even when we consider the same type of ready mix concrete plant series, the higher the production capacity of the plant, the higher will be the price.
For example, let’s consider the stationary type – (models ranging from HZS35, HZS50, HZS60, HZS75, HZS90, HZS120, HZS150, HZS180, HZS240, etc.) The price of the HZS35 model ready mix plant will be lower than the price of the HZS240 plant due to the difference in the production capacity of the plant.
The same is applicable for mobile-type plants – models ranging from YHZS25, YHZS30, YHZS35, YHZS60, YHZS75, YHZS90, etc.
However, when you compare the different types of RMC plants with the same production capacity, (such as HZS35 and YHZS35), a mobile ready mix plant for sale is usually more expensive than a stationary plant.
Moreover, we should also consider the technique configuration of the plant. Usually, ready-mix concrete plants with higher performance, lower energy consumption, and advanced environmental protection techniques are more expensive than those with lower technique configurations. However, they will be quite profitable.
Related: Mobile Concrete Batching Plant
Different Types Of Cement Batching Plants For Sale:
There are many different types of batching plants in the concrete batching plant family, which leads to different prices in the market.
Take a 60m3/h concrete mixing plant as an example. There are normally six types of plant to choose from: Mobile type, stationary type, wet type plant, dry type, belt type, hopper type.
|Types (60m3/h)||Price range||Suitability||Advantages|
|Stationary plant||$30,000-$180,000||Large scale projects
Long term supply
|Mobile plant||$40,000-$200,000||Small/medium size projects
Steady products quality
|Wet plant||$30,000-$180,000||Large scale projects
Long term supply
Steady products quality
|Dry plant||$25,000-$150,000||Long-distance site||Efficient, rapid, economical|
|Belt plant||$30,000-$180,000||Large scale projects
|Accurate, efficient, steady|
|Hopper plant||$30,000-$180,000||Small/medium size projects
Low maintenance cost
The above table gives a brief idea of the various types of concrete mixing plants for sale and their suitability.
This helps us understand the importance of choosing a compatible plant if you want to save your concrete plant cost. For more details about ready mixing cement batching plants for sale, you can contact us.
2. Brand effect influences the cement batch plant price
Just as any other merchandise, the price of ready-mix concrete mixing plants is also influenced by brands; products of famous brands are always more expensive than those of smaller companies. At times, the cost of concrete batching plants of famous brands is several times higher compared to the cost of a normal concrete batching plant.
3. Steel price affects the batching plant price
Steel being the main material used in the manufacturing of the main structure of the precast concrete mixing plant, directly affects the cost of the plant. Therefore, it is helpful to consider the price of steel when deciding to buy a precast plant.
When the price of steel is high while you are considering buying a batching plant, obviously, the cost of manufacturing the plant will also be high. On the other hand, when the cost of steel decreases the cost of the plant will also decrease relatively.
4. The market supply and demand affect the cement batch plant price
The law of demand and supply of commodities has a great impact on the pricing of the products. If there is a high demand and less supply of the product, the price of the product will be high.
Similarly, if the supply of the RMC plants is lower than the demand for RMC plants, the price of the plant will be high, vice versa. Though the market principles cannot be changed, they can certainly give us important information about when to buy a plant at a reasonable price.
5. Freight cost of concrete batch plant
When you place an order with Luton for a concrete mixing station, contact the consultants to get an estimate of the whole shipping costs involved and other transportation costs.
The cost of freighting depends on factors such as – the freighting distance and the loading scale. Obviously, the longer distance from the manufacturing plant to customer location and the larger scale loading, the more will be the cost of freighting.
6. Water and electricity cost of a ready mix concrete plant
Water and electricity cost occurs during the working process of a batching station. However, this is not a part of the cost incurred while purchasing the plant, but customers will have to consider this as a part of their daily working costs.
What’s more, there are other costs of consumables of the plant system that some companies include in the whole cost, such as – pump tube, mixer oil, oil filter, air filter, tire consumption (for pump truck, loader), and so on.
Altogether, considering the total cost of concrete equipment before purchasing is important for customers. Understanding the indirect costs can help them make the right decision to choose the right plant and save much more.
Related: Small Concrete Batching Plant
Cement Batching Plant Manufacturers
Top 5 Famous Cement Batching Plant Manufacturers in China
SANY is a construction machinery and equipment manufacturer, which was founded in 1989. It is the fifth-largest engineering machinery manufacturer in the world.
Some of the products manufactured by SANY are:
- Concrete mixing equipment
- Excavating machinery
- Hoisting machinery
- Road construction machinery
- Coal machinery
The Luton Group established in 1999, specializes in research and development and manufacturing in the construction field.
Luton Group is one of the most popular manufacturers in the field of construction products globally with a focus on construction equipment. The products are popular not only for their perfect control character, accurate proportioning, remarkable products characteristics but also for the development trend of their construction equipment.
Some of the most popular products manufactured by the Luton Group are:
- Concrete mixing plant
- Stabilized soil batching station
- Asphalt mixing plant
- Precast concrete batch station
- Belt conveyor
- Aggregate mixer
- Concrete pump,
- Self-loading mixer
- Dry mix motor plant
- Crushing plan
The future of Luton Group seems bright as it is expected to lead a dramatic change in the concrete manufacturing industry with the quality of products and new development trends in the construction industry.
Xuzhou Construction Machinery Group Co., Ltd. (XCMG Group) was founded in 1943 and engages in researching and manufacturing various construction machinery including:
- Hoisting machinery
- Mining machinery
- Road machinery
- Piling machinery
- Concrete machinery
- Tunnel machinery
Fujian south highway machinery co., Ltd, also known as NFLG, was founded in 1997. NFLG is an enterprise engaged in the field of equipment manufacturing.
Some of the machinery manufactured by NFLG are:
- Mining machinery
- Construction material
- Mining machinery
- Construction material mixing machinery
A concrete batching station is one small branch of all businesses.
ZOOMLION founded in 1992 is a construction machinery and agricultural machinery manufacturer, with one of its first products being concrete pumps.
They are a continuously innovating enterprise that designs and produces infrastructure machinery and equipment that cater to:
- Project construction
- Energy engineering
- Environment engineering
- Transportation engineering
Top 5 Famous Cement Batching Plant Manufacturers Around The World
Liebherr is a German-Swiss-based multinational equipment manufacturer based in Bulle, Switzerland although its main production facilities and origin are in Germany. They are involved in the manufacture of products and services for the construction and mining sector.
The products range of the company includes:
- Refrigeration and freezing equipment
- Mining equipment
- Material handling equipment
- Concrete machinery
- Aerospace and transportation system
The cement mixing plant is one small branch of its business.
Putzmeister, with its base in Germany, is a global leader in the manufacture of construction and mining machinery since 1958. Putzmeister constantly creates innovative machinery for pumping, distributing, placing, storing, transporting construction materials including concrete, high-density soil and mortar, and so on.
MEKA has been a concrete machinery supplier for over 30 years since its founding in 1987. It manufactures different types of concrete plants, road concrete solutions, ready concrete batching plants, and precast applications with recycling systems and fiber dosing equipment.
KYC Machine Industry Co.
KYC Machine Industry, founded in 1950, has not failed to provide products and services in the construction machinery industry. The products of this manufacturer ranges from – concrete plant, mixer, scaffolding, and conveyor system to environment equipment.
Schwing is a German-based company with worldwide manufacturing facilities in Austria, Brazil, the USA, and India.
They offer an entire spectrum of ready-mix concrete technology, which includes:
- Covered truck-mounted concrete pump
- Truck mixer
- Truck mixer pump
- Concrete mix plant
- Concrete recycling plant
- Cleaning system for mixer
- Environment and industry pump system
Cement Mixing Plants in Different Countries for Sale
The price of cement mixing plants for sale in different countries is different. The manufacturers of batching plants in the USA and Europe, which started in the last century, have come a long way in technological advancement and the development of their equipment.
As they have gained a reputation for their products and with their expanded large-scale production capacity, they price their concrete mixing plants much higher than those of Asian manufacturers.
Meanwhile, Asian manufacturers of concrete plants price their products relatively much lower than those of advanced countries. However, it should be noted that their equipment is usually popular and appreciated for its excellent quality, accurate ingredients, smart control, strict management, lower cost, variable application, economical and practical design, etc.
Chinese ready-mix concrete plants are sold all over the world because of its high performance, great quality, and flexible service. All these features have contributed to China becoming one of the most powerful competitors among the international manufacturing industry of concrete mixing plants.
Methods of Batching Concrete
Let us understand what is batching of concrete?
The process of measuring ingredients or materials in a preset ratio to prepare concrete mix is known as batching of concrete. Batching should be done properly to achieve a quality concrete mix.
Batching can be done by two methods – volume batching and weight batching.
1. Volume Batching
- In the volume batching method, the measurement of materials is on the basis of volume; however, this is not a precise method of batching.
- Here, the cement which comes in bag form, which has a volume of 50 kg per bag of cement, is taken as 35 liters.
- The volumes of fine aggregate and coarse aggregate of different sizes are measured individually by the gauge boxes.
- Water meter or water cans of known volume are used to measure the water.
- To prepare a 1:1:2 ratio concrete mix using volume batching method, you must take one bag of cement (35 liters), 1 gauge box of fine aggregate (35 liters), and 2 gauge boxes of fine aggregate (70 liters). For water-cement ratio of 0.5, half the volume of cement, i.e., 25 liters of water should be taken.
2. Weight Batching
- In this method, the basis of measuring materials is by weight. This is a more accurate method of batching.
- Weighing equipment such as weigh machines or other types of equipment are used to measure the weight of materials.
- The weight of cement, fine aggregate, coarse aggregate, and water are taken.
- Two types of weigh mixers are available – namely mechanical weigh machine and electronic weigh device.
- In mechanical weigh machines are extensively used in weigh batching. The weights are measured using spring and dial gauge type arrangement.
- In electronic weigh, the ingredients for concrete mixing are measured using electronic scales and load cells that are supported by hoppers.
- Weigh machines are in three types – Manual, semi-automatic, and fully automatic types. While the manual weigh machines are used for small concrete production job, both semi-automatic and fully automatic types are used for large concrete production.
- In semi-automatic weigh batching, the aggregate container gates are lifted manually, but after reaching the required quantity in the weighing machine it is automatically closed.
- In fully automatic weigh machines, all the lifting and closing process will be done automatically. The advantage of the fully automatic weigh machine is – it can also measure the moisture content present in the aggregate and make the required adjustment of the quantity of water-cement with respect to moisture content of the aggregates.
- To prepare a 1:1:2 concrete mix using weigh batching, the measurement of the quantity of materials are 50 kg of cement, 50 kg of fine aggregate, and 100 kg of coarse aggregate.
3. Weight Batching vs. Volume Batching
Weigh batching is more precise method compared to volume batching, since it is not easy to find the exact volume of granular materials.
We should not forget to consider the moisture content presence in the aggregate while batching. This is possible with fully automatic weigh batching, but not possible with the volume batching method.
Volume batching does not require skilled workers but weigh batching requires trained and skilled workers.
Finally, the selection of the batching method will depend upon the size of the project and the concrete production rate.
Types of Cement Batching Plants
Various concrete batching plants have been developed to meet different concrete applications in the concrete industry. These concrete plants are classified into four types according to different principles –
- By the method of adding water
- Whether it is movable or not
- Production scale
- Structure difference
1. Portable concrete batching plant
As the name suggests, the portable or mobile plants can be moved by a towing unit. This makes it flexible and convenient to be moved to different work sites, making it suitable for all sorts of small and medium-sized construction sites which are temporary.
2.Stationary concrete batching plant
Contrary to the portable plant, the stationary plant is fixed on a foundation and needs about 1.5 meters deep foundation, hence not movable.
However, it is stable and steady and is usually located a long way from the construction site. Stationary plants are suitable for large-scale production where no movement of the plant is required.
3.Mini cement plant
The mini cement plant is a new type cement plant, which is also known as a small cement plant. This refers to the cement plant with a clinker capacity of 50-500 Tpd. Of late, the demand for mini cement plants is on the rise.
What are the advantages of a mini cement plant when compared with a large or medium-sized cement plant? Why choose a mini cement plant?
- The small cement plant may cost higher compared to large cement plant, but it still has a competitive edge. The benefit of the mini cement plant is, it is possible to install them in remote areas that have problems with poor roads and the concrete produced can be sold in the nearest market, thereby reducing transportation cost.
- It does not require heavy investment, which makes it possible for small and medium entrepreneurs to participate in the business of concrete production and sale.
- From the concrete production process point of view, both the mini cement plant and large- scale cement plant share the same cement manufacturing process. The process includes materials crushing, raw meal production, homogenization, clinker burning, cement grinding and cement packing, etc.
4. Large cement plant
The large ready-mix batching plants are usually set up for producing and selling concrete in large scales and big-quantity output. That is why it is also known as a commercial concrete mix station. Its products are more stable and reliable than of small concrete batch plant.
5. Belt type cement/concrete batching plant
It is obvious that belt type concrete mixing plants feed aggregates by belt conveyors. During the process of conveying, the aggregates are weighed on the belt. It is an efficient and convenient production strategy. It has a large-scale concrete production capacity and consumes less power.
6. Hopper type cement/concrete batching plant
The word “hopper” refers to the method of feeding aggregate. In this way aggregates are quickly lifted to the mixer by hoppers which are towed or hoist by motors shortly after loading into the aggregate silos.
7. Dry concrete batching plant
A dry concrete batching plant is also called a ready-mixed plant or a transit mixing plant. In this process, all the dry raw material mixture is deposit into a truck mixer, where water is add.
The process of combining the aggregates and adding water is done in the concrete mixer truck on the way to the construction site. This is obviously an efficient and flexible method of batching concrete.
8. Wet concrete batching plant
Wet concrete plant is also known as a central-mixed plant. Here, all the all the raw materials for processing concrete are assembled are weighed and mixed in the central mixing machine. Once the mixing is completed, the appropriate concrete is transported by concrete mixer trucks to the work site. It can assure the accurate property of the product, so the character is better.
Technical Parameters Of Skip Hopper Type Cement Batching Plant
|Mixing system||Twin-shaft concrete mixer|
|Aggregate feeder||Bucket (Skip hopper)|
|After-sale service||Erection & commissioning, operator training|
|Warranty||12 months after erection|
|Max. mixing size||80/60mm||80/60mm||80/60mm||80/60mm|
|Aggregate batching machine||PLD800||PLD1200||PLD1600||PLD2400|
|Storage bins quantity||2 or 3 or 4 sorts||3 or 4 sorts||3 or 4 sorts||3 or 4 sorts|
|Aggregate scale hopper||800L||1200L||1600L||2400L|
Technical Parameters Of Belt Type Cement Batching Plant
|Mixing system||Twin-shaft concrete mixer|
|After-sale service||Erection & commissioning, operator training|
|Warranty||12 months after erection|
|Max. mixing size||100/80mm||100/80mm||100/80mm||120/80mm|
|Aggregate batching machine||PLD1600||PLD2400||PLD3200||PLD4800|
|Storage bins quantity||2 or 3 or 4 sorts||3 or 4 sorts||3 or 4 or 5 or 6 sorts||3 or 4 or 5 or 6 sorts|
|Aggregate feeding to mixer by||Belt conveyor|
Cement Batch Plant Components
There are several components in a concrete batching mix plant that combine together to yield the right quality concrete as required.
The main components of concrete batch plant are:
1. Aggregate feeders
The feeder unit is one of the most important components of the concrete mixing station. These are feeder hoppers built side-by-side for storing and feeding coarse aggregates and sand.
The different hopper bins are used to store aggregates of different sizes or sand into each individual compartment. The purpose of storing each material (size-wise) into separate bins is so that each material can be weighed separately as per desired mix ratio.
2. Aggregate weighing conveyor
The weigh conveyor is generally located below the aggregate feeder. The purpose of the weighing conveyor is to weigh the aggregates one by one and then transfer them into the mixing unit.
Weigh conveyors are suspended and hung on load cells. Weighing systems are crucial and an essential part of the mixer design.
They are periodically calibrated to ensure the quality and grade of the concrete produced.
3. Charging conveyor
The function of the charging conveyor or skip is to carry the weighed aggregates to the mixing unit.
4. Cement weigh scale
The cement weigh scale weighs cement from the cement silo in the required quantity which is then transferred to the mixing unit via a screw conveyor. Its function is to weigh the cement before dispatching it into the mixing unit.
5. Water and additive weigh scale
The water weigh scale gets water from the water pump, which holds and weighs the water according to the recipe preset in the control panel. The weighed water is then transferred into the mixing unit.
Additive weigh scales are suspended on load cells. They are meant to weigh the additive material and dispatch it into the mixer.
6. Cement silo with screw conveyor
A cement silo is to store large volumes of cement brought by the bulk trucks. The silo is usually provided with safety accessories. A screw conveyor placed at the bottom of the cement silo, of suitable diameter and length, is provided to enable the transfer of cement into the cement weigh hopper.
Some small capacity plants are installed with a cement hopper, whose opening is big for enabling adding cement from bags. Screw conveyors are provided to transfer cement from the cement hoppers into the weigh hopper.
7. Main mixer
The main mixer is the most crucial central part and heart of a cement batching plant. All the weighed ingredients are batched/mixed thoroughly for a fixed time. The concrete produced is then discharged into the transit mixer or a concrete pump.
8. Air compressor
Another important component of the mixing station is a compressor. All the pneumatic operations of the RMC plant are controlled using a compressor. Some of the operations are –
- Opening and closing of cylinders – control the feeder gates
- Opening and closing of the mixer gate
- Opening and closing of butterfly valves fitted with weigh hoppers
9. Control system
The control panel helps control the working of the machine. Modern machines are equipped with a PLD panel for ease of use. The print mix material recipes can be saved in the PLY control panel.
Fast and accurate measurements of the ingredients required for batching can be achieved by the control system. The growing demand for high-quality and accurate concrete makes it important to produce the right quality concrete efficiently without wastage.
The control systems process and devices are designed to achieve more accurate measurements continually.
Cement/Concrete Batch Plant Working Process
Working process of a concrete batch plant is dependent on seven primary function:
1. Control value setting
A control system is very critical for any advanced machine. It enables fast and accurate operations. Prior to running the plant, all the required aggregate proportions should be fed into the computer calculating process. This will help operate the equipment accurately and efficiently to achieve the preset demand.
2. Aggregate feeding
The required raw materials have to be fed into the individual feeder hoppers. Ready mixing concrete batching plant process starts from feeding aggregates into hoppers.
3. Storing and conveying
Storage and conveyance here refer to the storage of cement, fly ash, etc. These materials are stored in bulk quantity and need to be transferred by screw conveyors to the weighing hoppers.
4. Powder feeding
Powders such as cement, fly ash, and additives are added for the binding of materials. These aggregates will be weighed individually depending on the set proportion in the control system.
Cement, water, and additives are transferred into the mixer unit after weighing them separately in the weighing hopper located above the main mixer unit. Cement is transferred to the weigh hopper by a screw conveyor.
5. Water feeding
A specific quantity of water is a must for any ready mix concrete, which will help bind the cement evenly with the aggregates. Water is pumped up into the weigh hopper.
After the aggregates are weighed, the mixtures are transferred into the main mixer unit where it is mixed and batched in the mixing unit.
After completing the specified time as set in the control unit, the processed concrete will be discharged into a transit mixer or a concrete pump.
All the above steps are performed systematically. Each step is carried out for a specific time frame. The time frame starting from the weighing of aggregates to the discharge of the ready-mix material is known as a batch time which is set into the computer beforehand.
Advantages of Cement Batching Plants
- The concrete produced by a centralized concrete batching plant is sufficient to cover more number of construction sites.
- The plants are situated in areas for industrial use and supply trucks can transport concrete to serve residential districts or cities.
- The quality of concrete produced is far better than the manual concrete production process.
- It helps to eliminate storage space for basic materials on site.
- Can eliminate the need for hiring of plants and machinery.
- The wastage of basic materials is avoided.
- Reduces manpower cost by eliminating workers associated with the production of concrete.
- Saves the time required for producing concrete.
- Noise and dust pollution on the site is reduced.
Related: Twin Shaft Mixer Batching Plant
Application of Cement Batching Plants
1. In ready mix
A cement batching plant also known as a ready mix concrete plant is usually located within the city and the concrete is transported to the construction sites by concrete truck mixers.
The durability, reliability, safety, and environmental protection of concrete plant systems give ready-mixed concrete plants an advantage and makes it a necessity.
2. In precast applications
Precast concrete is a concrete product that is processed in a homogeneous process in the manufacturing unit using a reusable mold or foam.
With cast-in-place concrete, precast concrete can be produced in batches and cured, which allows high erection speed.
Precast concrete batching plants have a safe construction environment, low production cost, and yields high-quality products as production is in the manufacturing unit.
It is also used in transportation, construction, water conservation, and various other fields.
LUTON Cement Batching Plants
Contact us if you are looking for the right cement batching plant manufacturer: LUTON.
Luton concrete batching plants series ranges from 25m3/h, 35m3/h, 50m3/h, 60m3/h, to 240m3/h. These types of products are popular among the customers all over the world.
All you need to know about the benefits offered by Luton concrete batching plants:
- It offers the shortest installing time in the mobile batching plant market.
- It employs the simplest uninstalling steps without wires linking.
- It uses the most flexible electric controlling system that provides two types of operation: manual and automatic.
- The two horizontal shaft mixers use provide continuous mixing ability and excellent performance on dry, half dry, and plastic concrete products.
- We use the strongest steel structure for all our plants, ensuring working reliably.
- The most compact structure ensures both space saving and production efficiency.
Luton Group is a leading mobile concrete batching plant supplier in China. It is a professional manufacturer; integrating research and development, production, and sales. Luton is your best choice for concrete mixing equipment.
Our company produces all kinds of cement batching stations, including:
- stationary concrete batching plants
- free foundation concrete batching plants
- dry concrete batching plants
- wet concrete batching plants
- belt type concrete batching plants
- hopper type concrete batching plants
- mini concrete batching plants
- large concrete batching plants, and so on.
If you would like to know more about our company and our products, do not hesitate to contact us. We are here at your service and would love to hear from you.
- What Is A Cement Batching Plant?
- What Is The Purpose Of The Cement Batching Plant?
- Cement Batching Plant for Sale
- What Affects The Cement Batching Plant Price?
- Cement Batching Plant Manufacturers
- Cement Mixing Plants in Different Countries for Sale
- Methods of Batching Concrete
- Types of Cement Batching Plants
- Technical Parameters Of Skip Hopper Type Cement Batching Plant
- Technical Parameters Of Belt Type Cement Batching Plant
- Cement Batch Plant Components
- Cement/Concrete Batch Plant Working Process
- Advantages of Cement Batching Plants
- Application of Cement Batching Plants
- LUTON Cement Batching Plants
- Contact Us