What Is Ready Mix Concrete Batching Plant?
A ready mix concrete batching plant is also known as an RMC plant or a concrete mixing plant. The RMC plant is fully equipped to handle the complete concrete manufacturing process as required. The function of an RMC plant is to batch and mix cement, stone, water, and admixtures into concrete for sale or engineering purposes. It is also commonly called commercial concrete batching plant.
The whole system of a ready-mix concrete plant includes –
- Batching system
- Storing system
- Weighing system
- Conveying system
- Mixing system
- Control system
What Is The RMC Batching Plant Price?
How much does an RMC plant cost? Commercial concrete mixing plants come in various models, more than the HZS25 to HZS240 models, and the prices vary depending on the size and production scale of the mixing plant.
The medium-sized RMC mixing stations are priced between $70,000 to $350,000 and the larger stations cost a little more. The cost of the HZS25 model mixing station is between $25,000 to $40,000 and the HZS35 station costs a little more than $25,000.
If you consider the HZS75 station, the price will be about $60,000 to$100,000 and the price of the bigger station (HZS180 model) will be more than $250,000.
Selecting a model that suits your need is the first and the most crucial step when you plan to invest in a concrete mixing plant and then the reference of the mixing plant will also vary depending on the model you choose.
It should also be noted that even if the same type of mixing equipment is used, the price may differ based on the configuration of the equipment to meet the customer’s needs. That is why the price list of the concrete mixing plant provided is for reference purposes only, and the actual cost will vary.
Related: Dry Ready Mix Concrete Batching Plant
Technical Parameters Of Skip Hopper Type Concrete Batching Plant
|Mixing system||Twin-shaft concrete mixer|
|Aggregate feeder||Bucket (Skip hopper)|
|After-sale service||Erection & commissioning, operator training|
|Warranty||12 months after erection|
|Max. mixing size||80/60mm||80/60mm||80/60mm||80/60mm|
|Aggregate batching machine||PLD800||PLD1200||PLD1600||PLD2400|
|Storage bins quantity||2 or 3 or 4 sorts||3 or 4 sorts||3 or 4 sorts||3 or 4 sorts|
|Aggregate scale hopper||800L||1200L||1600L||2400L|
Technical Parameters Of Belt Type Concrete Batching Plant
|Mixing system||Twin-shaft concrete mixer|
|After-sale service||Erection & commissioning, operator training|
|Warranty||12 months after erection|
|Max. mixing size||100/80mm||100/80mm||100/80mm||120/80mm|
|Aggregate batching machine||PLD1600||PLD2400||PLD3200||PLD4800|
|Storage bins quantity||2 or 3 or 4 sorts||3 or 4 sorts||3 or 4 or 5 or 6 sorts||3 or 4 or 5 or 6 sorts|
|Aggregate feeding to mixer by||Belt conveyor|
What Are The Ready Mix Concrete Raw Materials?
The term ‘ready-mixed concrete’ refers to the concrete mixture consisting of cement, aggregate, water, admixtures, mineral admixtures, and other components mixed as required.
All the raw ingredients are measured in preset proportions and mixed in the mixing station to achieve the desired grade of concrete to meet their specific purpose. The ready-mix concrete is then transported to the construction site on tank trucks within a specified time.
The concrete can be used for engineering purposes and as well as they can be sold as commodities.
What Is The Ready Mix Concrete Advantages?
1. The ready-mix concrete production equipment is highly automatized and developing to be intelligent –
Modern ready mix concrete batching plant has a high degree of automation, higher production capacity, high weighing precision, and good mixing quality. They are designed to perform continuous production with multiple bins, perform multiple mixing ratios, and work for a long time.
2. Specialization and standardization of production and supply management of ready-mixed concrete –
With the need to ensure the quality of the ready-mixed concrete, perfect management and proper quality control systems have been established in every link of the production process of ready-mixed concrete; such as raw materials, testing, production, scheduling, quality inspection, and transportation, especially in the aspects of standardization management, measurement management, process control, and quality inspection.
3. High stability and reliability of the quality of ready-mixed concrete products –
To achieve quality stability and reliability of the concrete products, the following measures have been implemented to achieve very high-quality levels –
- Enterprises – have passed quality certification
- Personnel – introduced qualification certification
- Raw materials – they are strictly checked
- Equipment – development of advanced equipment and production technology
- Quality – complete quality management system
4. Modernization and high efficiency of ready-mixed concrete conveying equipment –
Compared with on-site mixing, the modern concrete conveying equipment can improve the efficiency by more than four times, and the larger the volume of continuous pouring, the more obvious the advantages of high-rise building pouring.
5. Intensive and efficient production and use of ready-mixed concrete –
The high degree of specialization and centralization of production processes makes it possible to considerably reduce production costs. According to the relevant information, the application of ready-mixed concrete can
- Save cement by about 10% to 15%
- Save sand and gravel by about 12%
- Reduce the project cost by about 5%
6. It can promote harmony in the living environment.
- Since the raw materials do not need to be stacked and moved on-site, the dirty, chaotic, and poor conditions of the city are avoided. It also helps prevent the cement slurry from flowing into the sewer and choking the sewers when the concrete is stirred on the site.
- The pollution such as noise, dust, and water system can be fundamentally eliminated when the cement is not mixed on the job site. Compared to traditional methods of producing concrete, RMC stations can avoid polluting the city and causing disturbance to the work and living environment of the people living in that locality of the construction project.
- The use of ready-mixed concrete can help improve the
- Quality of construction projects
- Extend the service life of the project
- Practically eliminates the “poor quality project”. Quality concrete provides safety and protects the lives of the people and the property
- It helps to improve the construction organization, improve working conditions of the organization, and reduce stress on the labor.
Related: Wet Stationary Ready Mix Concrete Batching Plant
What Are The Types Of RMC Plants?
1. According to the use:
RMC plants are divided into two –
- Commercial ready mix concrete batching plant
- Engineering ready mix concrete batching plant
The difference between a commercial ready mix concrete batching plant and an engineering ready mix concrete batching plant is:
Generally speaking, the price of a commercial mixing plant is relatively much higher than an engineering concrete mixing plant.
b. Different uses of concrete
While the engineering ready mix concrete batching plant is concrete mixing equipment designed and built for a specific project, to provide special concrete for the project, the commercial mixing plant is mainly used for commercial purposes.
The main goal of the commercial RMC station is to cater to the needs of a variety of customers.
c. Different device configurations
The engineering ready mix concrete batching plant produces concrete for self-use, so the configuration is relatively single (specific to a particular purpose).
The commercial batch plant needs to produce corresponding concrete and sells it to customers according to different requirements of customers. Therefore, the configuration of the equipment is relatively complex.
d. Different outer seals
Engineering ready mix concrete batching plant are generally near the construction project; therefore, it does not need to be sealed; however, the environment may be a little dirty due to this.
Commercial mixer plants are generally on particular premises are mainly for profit and generally need to be sealed. The seals cause less pollution and the environment will be relatively clean.
2. According to the need for mixing host:
RMC plant is divided into a dry concrete mixing plant and a wet concrete mixing plant.
A dry ready mix concrete batching plant refers to the process in which the proportioned raw materials are directly unloaded into the concrete transport tanker, and mixing of the dry ingredients with water takes place during transportation. This saves mixing time and there is no need for the main mixing machine in the dry mixing station.
A wet stationary ready mix concrete batching plant combines all the necessary ingredients including water for the production of concrete. The produced concrete is then loaded on the truck mixer to be transported to the construction site.
3. According to the moving mode:
The ready-mixed concrete (RMC) plant can be divided into three types: fixed type, non-foundation type, and mobile type.
a. Stationary RMC plant:
Stationary RMC plants are mainly used by large-scale commercial concrete manufacturers or concrete component-related manufacturers. It can also be used in large-scale engineering construction projects.
The stationary plant has the characteristics of:
- Strong production capacity
- High quality of concrete produced
- Stable working operations
- Good anti-interference performance
They require a foundation greater than one-meter depth for the fixed mixing plant.
Raw materials for the foundation are:
- Embedded steel plate
- Embedded steel bar
b. Ground-free base concrete plant:
Ground-free base stations have the advantages of convenient installation, disassembly and movement, and low requirements for the foundation. The measurement is stable and accurate.
c. Mobile RMC plant:
The mobile RMC stations are either towable or towed by a trailer unit, which has good mobility and makes the production more flexible.
Mobile RMC stations (mobile ready mix concrete batching plant) are generally used for various small and medium-sized temporary construction projects where the concrete requirement is in small quantities and there is no strict requirement for concrete quality.
Due to its portability, it can be used for rental purposes or for self-use.
When comparing the price of the mobile plant, ground-free base plant, and stationary plant with the same model – the mobile plant is the most expensive, followed by the free base concrete plant, and the fixed station is the cheapest.
4.According to capacity:
Ready-mixed concrete plants come in various models. The RMC models of the Luton Group are:
Related: Central Mix Concrete Batching Plant
What Is RMC Plant Capacity Meaning?
Let’s take the HZS60, HZS75, and HZS120 models as examples:
The HZS60 concrete mixing plant is equipped with belt feeding and centralized control system. The theoretical production capacity of the HZS60 is 60m³/H and the actual production capacity is between 55-60 m³/H.
The HZS75 model concrete mixing station is a medium-sized engineering mixing station. When we look at the configuration of the equipment, it uses a JS1500 host, climbing bucket feeding, and has centralized control. The theoretical production capacity of the HZS75 model is 75m ³/H and the actual production is about 70 m³/H.
The HZS120 concrete mixing plant comes with a theoretical production capacity of 120m ³/H and an actual production capacity of about 115-120 m³/H.
How Is Ready Mix Concrete Manufactured?
The ready mix concrete batching plant is mainly divided into four parts:
- Feeding – sand and stone feeding, powder feeding, water and admixture feeding
Taking the batch type mixing plant with belt conveyor as an example, the working principle of the concrete mixing system is as follows:
- The aggregates (crushed stones and sand) are loaded into the storage bin of the batching machine by the loader. The aggregate is then discharged into the aggregate metering hopper through the discharge door of the aggregate storage bin for metering.
- After it is measured, it is unloaded to the running flat belt and conveyed to the receiving hopper of the belt conveyor. The measured aggregate is conveyed to a waiting hopper on the upper part of the mixer by a feeding belt conveyor.
- At the same time, the cement and fly ash are conveyed by the screw conveyors to their respective metering hoppers for metering. Water and admixture are delivered by the water pump and admixture pump respectively to their respective hoppers for metering.
- Once all the materials are measured, the control system sends instructions to start feeding the materials into the mixer in sequence for mixing.
- Finally, after the mixing is completed, the discharge door of the mixer is opened to discharge the concrete into the waiting mixing truck tanker through the discharge hopper.
Composition System Of Commercial Concrete Batching And Mixing Plant
The commercial concrete batching plant is mainly composed of a mixing machine, aggregate supply system, metering system, control system, and external supporting equipment.
1. Mixing system
The mixing system used in commercial concrete mixing station is a forced twin shafts horizontal mixing machine.
Currently, forced mixing is the most common mixing system used in concrete mixing plants both at home and abroad. It is the mixing system of choice in commercial concrete mixing plants as gives the flexibility to mix various kinds of concrete, such as – fluidity, semi-dry, and dry concrete.
2. Aggregate supply system
The aggregate supply system can be divided into – aggregate conveying, powder conveying, and liquid conveying systems.
- Aggregate conveying: At present, there are two modes of conveying aggregates in the mixing station- hopper conveying and belt conveying.
- Hopper lifting has the advantages of utilizing a smaller floor area and a simple structure.
- Belt conveying has the advantages of long conveying distance, high efficiency, and low failure rate. Belt conveyors are mainly used in mixing stations with temporary storage bins for aggregate to improve the productivity of the mixing station.
- Powder delivery: The powder materials required for the production of concrete are – cement, fly ash, and mineral powder.
- At present, the most commonly used powder conveying mode is the screw conveyor conveying. The advantages of the screw conveyor are its – simple structure, low cost, and reliable use.
- Liquid material transportation: They mainly refer to water and liquid admixture, which are transported by water pumps respectively.
The metering system is the key component that affects the quality and production cost of concrete in commercial concrete mixing stations. It is mainly divided into three parts:
- Aggregate weighing
- Powder weighing
- Liquid weighing
In general, the ready mix concrete batching plant with a production capacity of less than 20 cubic meters per hour adopts the superposition weighing method.
That is, one scale is used to weigh aggregate (sand and stone), one scale is used for weighing cement and fly ash, and water and liquid admixture are weighed separately. The liquid admixture is then put into the water weighing hopper for pre-mixing.
In commercial concrete mixing systems where the production capacity is more than 50 cubic meters per hour, most of the materials are weighed separately. All the weighing process is controlled by electronic scales and computers.
4. Control system
The control system of the commercial ready mix concrete batching plant is the central nervous system of the whole set of equipment. The control system has different functions and configurations according to the different user requirements and the size of the concrete mixing station.
Related: Small Concrete Batching Plant
Looking For A Trustworthy Ready Mix Concrete Plant Manufacturers, LTG?
The Luton Group is a leading manufacturer of ready mix concrete batching plant. Our ready mix concrete batching plant can be customized according to the customer’s specifications.
Luton Group plants is a perfect combination of excellent mixing technology and advanced environmental protection technology. It perfectly integrates a professional steel structure design with an advanced modern industrial design.
This embodies the requirement of the new design concept of low-carbon emissions, energy savings, and environmental protection in our concrete mixing plants.
In addition, it also embodies the excellent strides made in concrete batching and mixing technology at home and abroad and reflects the direction the mixing technology is taking today.
From the perspective of external appearance, the material yard, the inclined conveyor belt, the main building, and the silo of the concrete mixing equipment is fully encapsulated. The internal structure is designed to strengthen the dust removal capability, prevent shocks, and reduce noise.
Thanks to our professional engineers and after-sales team, we will provide all-round support to our customers.
Call us to know about the many other products and accessories that we have to meet all your business needs.
We are here at your service and would love to hear from you.