A concrete pump is a type of conveying equipment that is popular on building sites for transferring liquid concrete. The concrete pump is composed of mobile concrete pump and stationary concret pump.
Importance of Mobile and Stationary Concrete Pumps in Construction Projects
Modern construction industry requires large volumes of concrete to be transported to the construction site in a short period. This can be achieved by pumping concrete through large pipelines over considerable distances.
The use of mobile or stationary concrete pumps increases the efficiency of the construction project as it provides a constant supply of quality concrete at a fast pace where it is exactly needed, especially in high-rises where previously cranes were used to lift buckets of concrete.
Also Read: How to Maintain the Concrete Line Pump Truck
Types of Concrete Pumps
There are two main types of concrete pumps that are commonly used are –
1. MOBILE CONCRETE PUMP
Mobile concrete pump is also known as concrete boom pumps and is equipped with a long automatic robotic arm. Just like a crane, the arm can be controlled by operators to extend and move it to the desired location.
The arms are flexible so that they can be moved in any direction. Once the arms are extended into the sky and moved to the desired location, concrete mortar can be easily pumped up vertically to high-rise construction projects, which are inaccessible to other types of concrete pumps.
Construction projects can save a lot of time by using the concrete boom pump. After the concrete has been pumped, the giant extended arm can be swiftly withdrawn, accomplishing the tedious task of conveying concrete to great heights efficiently.
The unparalleled working speed and outstanding performance of the concrete boom pump steal the show make in the field of concrete conveyance.
All equipment related to the concrete boom pump is compactly installed on a truck. This allows it to be conveniently transitioned to various sites and keeps its high working efficiency high.
2. STATIONARY CONCRETE PUMP
Stationary pumps are also known as line pumps. In the stationary concrete pump, the pump is generally mounted on a trailer chassis with wheels.
Separate pipelines need to be attached to the pump so the concrete can reach where required, vertically or horizontally. Numerous pipes are attached with a series of steel or rubber pipes to the desired length and manually attached to the pump outlet.
The concrete line pump can be parked at a convenient location at the construction site. The hoses can then be extended to go around obstacles and through narrow alleys to the desired location, which is usually inaccessible to trucks and trailers.
- Small/Mini Concrete Pump
The Mini/Small concrete pump is distinguished by its small size, volume, and its lightweight features.
It is suitable to be used for small construction sites, such as urban and rural construction sites. It is ideal for construction projects with narrow construction space.
- Concrete Pump Trailer
Concrete pump trailers are concrete pumps mounted on a single or multi-axle trailer. Although they are compact, they use high pressure to pump concrete.
In addition to the convenience of these compact concrete pumps for small residential pours, they are also an alternative to high-volume boom pumps that require slower rate output pours.
Most trailer concrete pumps offer placements rates that range from 5 to 100 cubic yards per hour with the ability to reach hundreds of feet.
- Concrete Pump Truck
A concrete pump truck is a diesel-powered truck that mounts a powerful pump and extendable hose pipes to pump wet concrete where truck mixers cannot reach.
Concrete pumping trucks do not carry concrete, but only house the pumping mechanism and sectioned hose lengths. Cement mixers dump the ready-mixed concrete into the bay of the pump truck, which then gets pumped to the required job site.
- Concrete Mixer With Pump
A cement pouring equipment that combines various features such as feeding, mixing, and pumping of concrete in a single machine is called a concrete mixer with a pump.
The combination of mixing and transporting concrete can reduce labor intensity and save costs.
Concrete mixer with pump can be transported to places with limited access to labor and tractors, making it a great choice for rural roads and civil housings.
It also has wide application for the construction of building projects, tunnels, and bridges.
Also Read: Concrete Pump Manufacturers
Price of Concrete Pumps
Primarily based on the concrete pump TYPES, MODELS, and CONFIGURATIONS, the cost of a concrete pump ranges from $15,000 to $48,000. The table below gives a direct look at the configuration of the diesel and electric concrete pump.
Diesel Concrete Pump Configuration Table
Electric Concrete Pump Configuration Table
For more information related to concrete mixer pumps and many other types of concrete pumps including price details, you are welcome to contact LUTON GROUP.
The cost of a concrete pump is not just the cost of the concrete pump price but also includes other costs such as production, maintenance, and management.
It is advisable to pay attention to other aspects that affect the cost before making a purchase decision.
These aspects include
- Brands and manufacturers
- Areas of application
- Shipping and transportation
- Local policies
- Local market and economic conditions
- Daily cost of maintenance and repairs
- Cost of accessories
The above factors should be taken into consideration before choosing the concrete pump, which will be best for your company.
LUTON Group has trained and efficient staff that will provide professional solutions and relevant information for all your queries. Please contact us for more details about the concrete pump cost.
Working Principle of Pumping System
- Through the use of sequence valves, the hydraulic oil in the main oil pump is dispersed to the main oil cylinder. This propels the piston rod of the main oil cylinder forward and backward. This in turn makes the piston of the concrete cylinder move as a whole to suck the concrete into the concrete cylinder or force the concrete out of the concrete cylinder.
- Concurrently, the high-pressure oil pushes the swing arm that is driven by the swing cylinder. This drives the S pipe to switch alternatively forward and backward between the outlets of the two concrete cylinders.
- The continuous suction and expulsion pressure of the concrete is achieved through the continuous interchanging motion of the concrete cylinder and the forward and backward switching of the S pipe during the whole pumping process.
Benefits of Concrete Pumps
Compared to the traditional method of distributing concrete using buckets and cranes to lift concrete, it is quite obvious concrete pumps offer far more benefits.
Volume of concrete placed per hour: While the lifting capacity of the crane is about 12m³ per hour, a static pump can pump to high-rise buildings at a must faster rate of over 50m³ per hour.
Faster pouring speed: Concrete pumps are a faster and simpler way of pouring concrete. The hose or pipeline attached to the outlet of the pumping equipment is easily accessible to all areas of the job site.
Reduced labor: Labor scarcity in the construction industry makes it challenging to find skilled labor for the job. This can be bridged by using a concrete pump where the whole concreting process can be carried out by a few operators and with minimum labor.
Higher accuracy of concrete pouring: Achieve higher accuracy and quality of concrete pouring irrespective of the pump you choose.
It also reduces wastage of materials and can pour concrete either in high-rise buildings or even for foundation slabs without leaving spills and lumps.
Improved concrete strength: Since concrete pumps require a lesser amount of water, they prevent the shrinking and cracking of concrete after being set up. Therefore, strong quality concrete structures require minimal repair and maintenance.
Fast setup time: The service of a mobile pump can be easily availed, as they can come to your job site at your specified time, extend the boom and pour the concrete and finish the job with minimal hassles.
This eliminates the process of mixing concrete in your premise, whereby your premise does not get dirty.
Most convenient way of Pouring Concrete: Unlike the traditional methods used such as bucket and crane, the challenges faced during concrete placement are easily eliminated as the pumps can access areas where it is difficult for barrows to reach.
Maintain project timelines: Construction projects can be complex and could easily go off schedule, incurring not just delays but increased expenses. As time is valuable, working with concrete pumps makes the job faster and helps ensure the project is realized without falling behind schedule and going off-budget.
How to Buy a Mobile or Stationary Concrete Pump?
The general process of purchasing a suitable concrete pump is:
- Discuss with the manufacturer regarding the functions you want the concrete pump to have
- Get a quotation from the manufacturer
- Compare and determine the functions and product details of the concrete pump
- Consult with the manufacturer’s customers for equipment performance and review
- Pay the manufacturer
- Determine the production cycle and transportation to the site
- Determine the relevant after-sales details
Looking For a Reasonably Priced Mobile or Stationary Concrete Pump in China, LTG?
The Luton Group has been focusing on the manufacturing and supply of concrete pumps for the construction industry for many years and has extensive experience in the design and construction of both mobile and stationary concrete pump equipment.
Reasons to Consider the Luton Group Equipment:
- The Luton adapts the factory-direct sales model for all their products; therefore, eliminating middlemen and thereby reducing the cost to our customers.
- Luton owns an independent research and development team, so the price of the concrete pump equipment will be relatively more affordable compared to other competitors.
- We provide guidance in choosing the appropriate models of pump models as well as suggest suitable equipment according to the needs and requirements of customers. This helps avoid waste of funds and resources.
- We deal with problems from the customer’s perspective and strive to ensure customer satisfaction.
After-Sales Service Provided by Luton Group
- We will provide training services for your on-site production personnel.
- We will assist and guide your team during the whole process of installation.
- We will ensure to supply spare parts for equipment maintenance.
- We will provide free maintenance service during the warranty period.
- We will provide regular callbacks or return visits.
In addition, Luton has an iron grip in the construction industry because of its advanced and accurate technology design and high quality of concrete pumps. Luton is fully approved by customers for its –
- High quality materials
- Long component life
- Tailor-made service
- High productivity
- Comprehensive after-sales maintenance
- 20+ years industrial experience with pioneering design
- 18000+ plants manufactured and sold
For any queries, regarding mobile and stationary concrete pumps, you can contact us directly and we will assist you by clarifying your questions and helping you choose the right product for your company’s specific needs.
- Importance of Mobile and Stationary Concrete Pumps in Construction Projects
- Types of Concrete Pumps
- 2. STATIONARY CONCRETE PUMP
- Price of Concrete Pumps
- Working Principle of Pumping System
- Benefits of Concrete Pumps
- How to Buy a Mobile or Stationary Concrete Pump?
- Looking For a Reasonably Priced Mobile or Stationary Concrete Pump in China, LTG?
- Contact Us